TH350 success

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
ok redo on the road test rattling was from the exhaust hangers. final adjustments on carb and kickdown cable are next. carb jets fuel for secondaries before butterflies open. happy to report all is good with the trans for my first rebuild.

Kinda figured that's what it might be. You're not he first Rookie to have that issue. I'da been more certain if I had heard it. Awesome Job. If all you had to correct on your first build, was an exhaust hanger, you did damn good. :waytogo:

WVscottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
350 bored .040 over
thanks for the help. its amazing I have no problem rebuilding a 13 speed trans or a big cat or Cummins engines but was terrified of a 3 speed automatic lol. with one under my belt no fear anymore lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, Big pat on the back for yourself. Usually when a guy takes it on hisself, 1 of 2 things happen. He either reailizes it's over his head and takes a basket of parts to a shop, or 2 he sticks with it and handles 1 section at a time and does it. The basket case is by far the most common. Do keep in mind, you did about the easiest transmisson possible IMO, but it's still a confidence builder. The rest aren't near as easy. The Th400 is much harder but just a tad bit more complicated and more critical on some specs and knowing part interchangeability. 700r4, now there's a nightmare when it comes to intechangeability. But yep, you did good. :waytogo: Hopefully some of the info here was a big help. That's what I've put it up for.

WVscottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
350 bored .040 over
yeah I know the basket cases I normally get those at work or friends. the info on here is what I used. yes it was a big help. I am glad that I tried it and will do any others that I come across. like I had said before just for some reason I was scared of an automatic. hopefully this will last a while. it was just like anything else I have rebuilt but I think of just hearing people talk about them being bad I just had it in my mind it was. thanks again for y'alls help. now just on to the rest of the truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD