TBI Spacer comparison?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mybabyk5

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I have been doing some research on T bodies and spacers. Has anyone tried the CFM-Tech spacer and how would it compare to say one from LMC, any difference. I know CFM claims that they are the best. I do want to upgrade from stock to their ported T body. Will the power plate actually do anything more than the spacer I have now? (Its from LMC)

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
cfm tech has good stuff from what i read, and heard nothing but good things on them.

anything is cheaper then lmc usually.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I have an injector pod spacer, and noticed a little something...mostly a little less throttle to do what it was doing before. I will be getting the CFM-Tech spacer, AFPR, and doing the salad bowl mod.
The open spacer allows both plains of the Intake manifold to take advantage of both barrels. I have not heard one bad remark about any of CFM-Tech's products.
Trans-Dapt has one thats similar, but it does not have the smooth splitter that the CFM-Tech spacer has.

Last edited:

mybabyk5

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
sounds like a go ahead for rebuilding my TB, thanks I did the math and for completely rebuilding with cfm is 250 dollars cheaper than buying the fully assembled holley from lmc, thats a pretty penny to do some other upgrades, dont know what i would do without this site and all of you. CHEVY SQUARES FOREVER

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
sounds like a go ahead for rebuilding my TB, thanks I did the math and for completely rebuilding with cfm is 250 dollars cheaper than buying the fully assembled holley from lmc, thats a pretty penny to do some other upgrades, dont know what i would do without this site and all of you. CHEVY SQUARES FOREVER

That sounds good, like i said in another thread, you really cant beat the Rochester TBI's for reliability, they are made a lot better than the aftermarket options.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP