Tanks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85squaredC10

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Just checking in I have just installed a 1987 350 engine transmission and transfer case in my 1984 short bed pickup truck. I understand I need a new tank with electric fuel pump, I have the wiring harness with the motor, will the electrical circuit be in there to run to the fuel pump, or would that need to be added to the trucks harness? I did not get the ecu with the engine should I buy a new one or can I get one out of the junk yard? I know the motor came out of a 2005 Suburban. Thanks for your help

If your using the harness from your donor vehicle, it will all hook up fine for the fuel injection, provided your using the compatible pump for that style harness. But you WILL need the ECU (computer) from the donor vehicle to run it. The 84 computer will not run the new harness. I'd buy an ECU onljne for the same year vehicle as the engine came from. Or get one from a junkyard. But a 2005? Is it still a TBI? Or is that an LS style engine? If it's an LS style engine, there's a bit more to it. You will have to know what the donor vehicle was in order to get the correct ECU.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Well I think you CAN use EFI with non baffled tanks but you would be sucking an electric fuel pump dry quite often by doing such

85squaredC10

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Well I think you CAN use EFI with non baffled tanks but you would be sucking an electric fuel pump dry quite often by doing such
Exactly...my swap had me running my pump dry 3 or 4 times before I learned of the tank differences.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K10_Travis