Tach conversion kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hopefully the tach you get fits better than the one I had bought a while ago. The stamping that was used for them was terrible. All the radius' were washed out so bad I could not even get the stupid thing to bolt up. I ended up sending it back and using an old one. I had to have the circuit board rebuilt on it, but it was still much cheaper than the "new" one. If they actually did a quality check on the complete assembly, I would hope you would be good.

86454k30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
CHEVROLET
Engine Size
I bought one for my 81 from LMC, the tach in the housing and all the gauges fit well. The housing install into the dash was a little struggle.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had gotten mine from LMC also, very early on when they were offering them. The person I worked with seemed like they actually cared. I sent them pics of the OEM one I had and the repopped one showing them exactly where they were different, and why those differences were making it impossible to install properly. My hope was it would get fixed for all the future consumers. Maybe it did...

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
Ordered this kit and had no problem with the install. After a few miles the gas gauge stopped reading accurately. I called LMC and told them everything I had done to troubleshoot with no fix. They offered to send me another gauge, it was the day before Christmas. A week later a whole new conversion kit came. Swapped the gauge and it worked perfectly. Now I have an old Gauge cluster with printed circuit and a brand new one with all the parts!

You must be registered for see images attach

cowboybob

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Ordered this kit and had no problem with the install. After a few miles the gas gauge stopped reading accurately. I called LMC and told them everything I had done to troubleshoot with no fix. They offered to send me another gauge, it was the day before Christmas. A week later a whole new conversion kit came. Swapped the gauge and it worked perfectly. Now I have an old Gauge cluster with printed circuit and a brand new one with all the parts!

I’m planning to do the same conversion on my ‘86 K20 using the LMC kit. Are you still happy with the conversion? Is everything still working properly? Any issues with it during the install?

Any feedback is much appreciated…thanks.

cowboybob

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Disregard my last sentence…I just re-read your first sentence…doh!

cowboybob

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Another “doh!”…just saw your post from Nov. ‘19. Same questions still apply though…is everything still working properly?

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
Another “doh!”…just saw your post from Nov. ‘19. Same questions still apply though…is everything still working properly?
The install could not be easier. Pay particular attention to the clips that hold the gauges and the connections to the printed circuit. Take your time with that part. Give it a test shot before you button it all back together. No complaints with mine, everything works great.

cowboybob

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Awesome…thanks Ron.

Italianwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I used the same one. No problems and works great.

PunH2O

Reaction score
First Name
Pun
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size

Dam looks good reminds me of me lol

Attachments

• 66A77E88-5DFF-4034-8B4D-B253DC3EAC9A.jpeg
    66A77E88-5DFF-4034-8B4D-B253DC3EAC9A.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 118

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Hopefully the tach you get fits better than the one I had bought a while ago. The stamping that was used for them was terrible. All the radius' were washed out so bad I could not even get the stupid thing to bolt up. I ended up sending it back and using an old one. I had to have the circuit board rebuilt on it, but it was still much cheaper than the "new" one. If they actually did a quality check on the complete assembly, I would hope you would be good.
Yes this 'quality' is hit and miss from door skins to cab corners to light bezels. Did I miss anything?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey