Supercharger question/feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razzi

Reaction score
First Name
Remi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Mix
Engine Size
Hello,

I was looking for information on a Supercharger for 454, i read a bit on it and was looking for feedback on any experiences or knowledge.

I was looking at the Weiand Supercharger 177 but not sure if it would be big enough for a big block and was wondering on what would be the ideal compression/boost i would need.

Thx

konakustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
Short Bed C10
Engine Size
350 Roller Motor
OK....where to start?? If your motor is stock then a supercharger is gonna blow it apart if ya dont underdrive it alot. A small supercharger works fine on most motors if set up rite. Check prices on all parts to complete the job before buying any parts! Usually unless you are racing it then ya want lower than stock compression but underdriving the blower gets ya around it as stated above.

As far as boost psi I would need to know alot more specs on your motor. Ya may spit the rods out if its stock or high miles!

We run a alcohol drag boat with a blower and blowers are fun if your long block can handle the psi and heat a blower generates on the street.

konakustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
Short Bed C10
Engine Size
350 Roller Motor
I laugh at guys at car shows that pull in with that 671 whining like heck and a cam that is not for a blower motor and the biggest underdrive pully made for it.......lol But most people dont know what they are seeing or looking at anyway.

Spend the money on a GOOD cam & heads/valvetrain , some compression & make real dependable horsepower that will last and cost less and be more fun and woop up on the blower guys!
Blowers are for Diesel motors & hot rodders modded them for gas motors......There is a reason that gm and others only use superchargers on stock production cars in limited numbers!
Guess what im trying to say is you can have alot more dependable power for the cash you are getting ready to drop.
If ya want a blower then kool get one and enjoyee it and we will try to help ya get it rite, its your hard earned money and if it makes ya smile then do it!!!!! Be VERY careful buying a used blower and know what you are looking for because they are expensive to rebuild.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
We run a alcohol drag boat with a blower and blowers are fun if your long block can handle the psi and heat a blower generates on the street.
^^^Me want to see this. :baby:

konakustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
Short Bed C10
Engine Size
350 Roller Motor
^^^Me want to see this. :baby:

I will have Natalie upload me some pics of it so I can post a couple. I have had a few superchargers.....they have there place in hot rods

1983_SB_4X4

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Twin turbo setup would be the way to go.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
I will have Natalie upload me some pics of it so I can post a couple. I have had a few superchargers.....they have there place in hot rods

All the cool toys you have had or have just makes me want your job even more lol

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
OK....where to start?? If your motor is stock then a supercharger is gonna blow it apart if ya dont underdrive it alot. A small supercharger works fine on most motors if set up rite. Check prices on all parts to complete the job before buying any parts! Usually unless you are racing it then ya want lower than stock compression but underdriving the blower gets ya around it as stated above.

As far as boost psi I would need to know alot more specs on your motor. Ya may spit the rods out if its stock or high miles!

I am a boat fanatic, specifically drag boats. You MUST Post some pictures of this boat.

konakustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
Short Bed C10
Engine Size
350 Roller Motor
We are jacking this mans thread guys....lol I will post some pics this wekend. I do boats for a living so they dont excite me like other people unless my on the edge across the water. I have been trying to get the tbird done so I can get back on the truck.

Hey RAZZI What did ya decide on your power adder for your motor?

Mike D

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Forget the supercharger! Put your money into a quality engine rebuild, a mild cam and port fuel injection. If it is an automatic trans purchase a 2400 rpm stall torque converter. The final result would be an engine that runs perfect on regular unleaded gas with instant throttle responce, good fuel economy, and mountains of torque. You may have to wear a steel jock to prevent your balls from being yanked off your body when you stab the gas pedal!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486