Suburban Suspension Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
my vote to tires. 10 ply tires, on their own right, are gonna ride rouger. Lift up an identical tire in C and E range. Notice how one is heavier and stiffer? Now have that rotating mass going down the freeway and hit a bump with it. Youre now putting the extra owness on the suspension, which if you are like some of the guys in here, improve theirs with better springs, shocks, lifts, etc to have more travel or just spread the weight out more. And I also put a vote to having some weight over the springs. My 1/2ton 96 F150 is bumpy with no weight in the back, the springs have no squat at all. Put a few sand bags back there and it rides much better, and tires turn easier with a little less weight on them.

Also, look at your steering components or your power steering. The nice old silky power steering of the era will help you NOT feel the road which is a good thing for comfort. Stiff steering or manual steering makes you feel the bumps, the travel of the road. Which some guys like.

Im not a guy or some guys. I like silky, smooth, one finger power steering.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kipps5000