Suburban rear door inside handle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akraven

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
I have a 1990 Suburban that I would like to have an option of opening the rear cargo door from inside while camping. Can't find that it was ever an option nor did a search on here show anything. Has anybody tried anything like that? I looked inside at the latching mechanism and couldn't quite figure a way to do it. It does have elec locks. Thanks ahead of time if anybody has any thoughts.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Seriously though, there must be some way to attach something to the release rod from the inside.
I know someone here has better info than I can offer.

Last edited:

akraven

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
Well that would definitely work but wouldn't be to rain proof there after. :) I was studying the wiring diagram and lock mechanism and think I am probably going to have to wire in another door lock switch and then put a pull knob through the door to release the latch. I was just hoping maybe somebody had already done it and I could get some ideas from them.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Adding a pull rod should do it along with a unlock switch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1