Suburban Barn Door Seals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TC90V10

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 4X4
Engine Size
New to square bodies for about a month but have been watching all the different repair and upgrade threads. I just bought a nice 190k mileage 90 that is very well maintained. The barn door seals don't leak but the doors squeak. I use a pure silicone spray from 3M on all my classic vehicle seals and it at least stops the squeaking.

TheGolem

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
What about barn doors that bounce around and make a LOT of noise when going over bumps?? I like the barn door look better than the tailgate, so converting is out of the question.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
If the doors are bouncing around and rattling there should be some plastic shims/bushings in the door jambs that help firm things up.

TheGolem

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
If the doors are bouncing around and rattling there should be some plastic shims/bushings in the door jambs that help firm things up.

It doesn't have them now (not sure if it ever did) but they shouldn't be to hard to make myself

Jacko Wacko

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
R20
Engine Size
350CI
Reviving an old thread....does anyone know where to get JUST the white plastic pins?

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Reviving an old thread....does anyone know where to get JUST the white plastic pins?

I pulled those pins out of a parts truck. Someone had ripped out the weatherstrip between the hood and cowl and all the pins were there so I took them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zippo854