stereo for 82 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I've heard of people just laying a regular mast antenna under the dash pad. Not sure how well that works though.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I actually saw that tonight in my classic parts catalog that came on the mail tonight. Its cheaper at classic parts. It's a great idea

Yeah, I figured Crutchfield would be highest. Just giving the idea though. If you get one. Let me know how it works for you. I've read different results in different kinds of vehicles. I'd like to know how a specific one works in a square. Ideally, I'll like to do away w/my fender mounted antenna because I rarely listen to radio, and the truck looks cleaner without one.

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
k10 silverado, k10 suburban
Engine Size
Yeah, I figured Crutchfield would be highest. Just giving the idea though. If you get one. Let me know how it works for you. I've read different results in different kinds of vehicles. I'd like to know how a specific one works in a square. Ideally, I'll like to do away w/my fender mounted antenna because I rarely listen to radio, and the truck looks cleaner without one.

I would assume it would do decent...but all the steel would probably cut down on the reception ..it would probably do better in a later model vehicle with fiberglass body panels

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP