steering wheel cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
This is not on a squarebody, but steering wheels are all the same. I am probably going to do the same thing on by suburban eventually as well.

I had worn out leather cover on the steering wheel in my stealth for a while and it bugged me every time I drove the car. Eventually I decided to get a cover form redlinegoods.com . They seem to be the best price, but as I later found they also have just about the worst instructions out of anybody else. Cover comes from Poland, and made to order so it took a good month or so to get it.

I opted for extra foam padding, and in my case it was worthwhile as factory used padding too. I have unconventionally left the steering wheel installed, instead of removing it. This let me work on it during lunch time over 3-4 days. I just drove the car with halfway finished steering wheel every day.

Instruction on stitching plain suck on their part. The only thing they have is a blurry video, where it just about impossible to tell what is going on on a little phone screen. From video I figured out that they use the stitching already provided to tie the two sides together. I took it from there on my own.

factory cover removed
You must be registered for see images attach

foam applied(it was a pain as it has to be trimmed everywhere) and cover on loosely

barely enough thread was left on this section

screwed up on this part and had to redo it. You can see how it is twisted because I started stitching out of alignment.

here is a close up

and then fully on, but not fully done yet. This is first and only time doing this, so it did not work out the best. Still have to figure out the wrinkles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia