Squeaking/Odd Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I wondered that myself too because I have in fact, seen different size needle bearings in U joints for the same size and dimension U joint. 1 joint used less bigger needles, another used more thinner bearings.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I didnt think about the needle bearings being sized differently! That is probably it, the caps used a digital micrometer on, inside diameter and outside and they were the same, but i didnt take the needle bearings and check them...
Trucks at the mechanic now anyways, he'll probably hea it and think its the u joints and replace them

Thanks!

jp-15

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Curiously, did you ever find a fix for this? I just started having the same problem. I replaced rear u-joint, tcase output shaft bushing and seal, and pinion seal. Did everything to spec. Other than tearing down the rear diff completely. Thinking that it might be the tcase output shaft bearing, or front u-joint on rear driveshaft. Thanks!

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Curiously, did you ever find a fix for this? I just started having the same problem. I replaced rear u-joint, tcase output shaft bushing and seal, and pinion seal. Did everything to spec. Other than tearing down the rear diff completely. Thinking that it might be the tcase output shaft bearing, or front u-joint on rear driveshaft. Thanks!

I did, i replaced the rear u-joint and that fixed it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising