SPID Placement in glove box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdJr

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Big Ten
Engine Size
350/THM350/3:08Posi
Hello All,

I love this forum and I’ve had so many questions answered looking through threads. I have one I can’t find what I’m looking for. I have my original SPID and I know it goes in the glove box but HOW does it go in. If anyone has a photo that shows the glove box and the placement of the SPID in it I would be grateful. I want to put it back and also would like suggestions on reattaching it. Thank you!

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
It's usually a sticker on the inside of the glovebox door, IIRC. Thats how mine is, even if the glovebox door fell off
You must be registered for see images attach

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
My '84 has it on the driver side wheel well. Unfortunately many SPIDs get peeled off, along with every other decal under the hood. I am yet to encounter an intact glovebox SPID on a square.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
This is the only pic I have ATM. Went to get a current/better one but I believe its stored inside the sand blasted cab which is wrapped up tight with a tarp for winter. Not sure if they slapped these over top other labels as mine is - my box was butchered for a dealer installed AC setup - so maybe it was moved for that?

Its getting removed and re-popped anyways so it reflects its actual paint colors and updated options.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I highly doubt there was a template or anything for them, they just got slapped in at the factory. Every truck I've ever seen has them in a slightly different spot, some fairly crooked even. Alot of the '73-80 trucks had them on the inner fender, not in the glove box. Not sure when they started putting them in the glovebox but I'm sure @Keith Seymore could tell us

Old Guy Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My ’78 has it in the glove box.
It could be easily redone with an adhesive backed laminate.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Hello All,

I love this forum and I’ve had so many questions answered looking through threads. I have one I can’t find what I’m looking for. I have my original SPID and I know it goes in the glove box but HOW does it go in. If anyone has a photo that shows the glove box and the placement of the SPID in it I would be grateful. I want to put it back and also would like suggestions on reattaching it. Thank you!
Here's where it goes.

My guy used to install them when I was a supervisor on the line (same guy that installed the cab high running lights, and built up and installed the floor shifters).

No template or anything; he just slapped them in. I watched him do about 900,000 of them.

K

NO

Last edited:

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Hello All,

Here’s the correct placement, contact adhesive works well. Tape off area first.

roger0080

Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
1973 & 1974 would generally be in the engine compartment left hand side wheel well. 1975 onwards would be the glovebox door.

Try a good spray adhesive from 3M or similar to re-apply it.

BadBowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
5.0L
Our two owner 1984 Chevrolet Silverado has the SPID label outside, on top of the left inner fender wheel.

My one owner 1983 had it inside the glove box...