SORRY MECHANIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
When my not-yet-wife still lived in Fort Worth, her little Sentra that she had abused over the years had an alternator go bad, and they didn't overcharge or anything. They even fixed the heater/AC controls for free, something she didn't ask for. Later on her CPU went out, they found one, replaced it, and even went through the extra trouble to get new keys made because the old keys would no longer work. It was a fiasco, the replacement CPU didn't like the new keys, but they finally got it ironed out and again, didn't overcharge her. I told her she found a great shop, and she agreed.

72velle

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Like any other business there are good and bad. Over the years I have found both. I try to use local mechanics with a good rep for stuff I can't do. When I bought my square I took it to the alignment guy I know to get checked out. He told me what was crap and needed to be replaced and what not to spend money on. He does great work for a fair price and i wouldn't take my truck anywhere else for suspension stuff.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
I have 2 mechanics I trust and they are both Family businesses and wrenching for 25 years plus. I only go there with stuff I can't fix myself or when i don't have the tools.
They even give me advice how to fix something when I'm clueless. I always send them everyone who asks me if I know a good shop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickybobby69