Softopper - I've been waiting for

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Nearly 4 months later, I've opened the back, accessed stuff from the sides, and open and closed the softopper many times. It doesn't leak a drop even when run though the car wash. It's been really great.

Today I needed to haul manure, horse manure for the garden to be exact. I didn't keep track of my time removing it, but it was under 5 minutes. Open up the side and the back, fold to the cab, pull two pins and walk off with everything but the bedrails. I did leave the bedrails in place. Wow this thing is so much better, for me than a tradition canopy.

My supervisor approves:
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 20240330_170356.jpg
    20240330_170356.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 10

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Now for my question to anyone that owns or has owned one of these things.

First off I wonder if I should shift the bedrails forward some.

Second question, the corners seem so bloody tight. I was able to get the snaps snapped by hand, but it took a bit of tugging. I think that the answer is it was 40F out, the instructions state it is easier to install for the first time in warmer weather. This isn't this softoppers first installation, but it was only on the POs truck for 2 weeks a year ago. It doesn't seem to be up and down tension it seem to be side to side. See the snap picks. I'm really thinking it'll stretch in, but maybe someone else will be able to tell me if this is normal or not.

is it tight because your bed sides are ever so slightly bowed outward ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag