So it was worse than anticipated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Oh man I've seen so much worse...
Considering all your issues you're still hitting lucky.

Thanks man.

Running fine when I got hurt, then breaks when I cant do anything about it but wonder and search.

You have seen worse, but for me this is almost worst case scenario. LOL

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Looks super simple to me? :shrug:

Good, so you can explain all my wiring needs in the future.

The unfortunateness I was referring to was the fact that in some of the pics there were burnt wires and when there's one burnt wire in a loom there's how many burnt wires in that loom?? Oh wait.. it's gotta be your bull?!?

You can't put the ghosts back in the wires no matter how hard you try.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Lol?

Feel free to help out..if you know what the wires are, we'd all like to know.

The unfortunateness I was referring to was the fact that in some of the pics there were burnt wires and when there's one burnt wire in a loom there's how many burnt wires in that loom?? Oh wait.. it's gotta be your bull?!?

No inspections around here. As long as I can make her RUN, I will endanger everyone and stick her on the road. Lol

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size

Lol?

Feel free to help out..if you know what the wires are, we'd all like to know.

So shoot me some wire gauges you fellas figure I am gonna need. Please, and thank you.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I dunno what they go to...the "S" terminal of the starter solenoid. I think that's the purple wire from the starter safety switch? Look, i'm not sure but questions cost extra...

I was thinking the same thing about the purple wire going to the neutral safety switch then starter. The red wire maybe the ignition hot lead going to the alt/power the truck.

So shoot me some wire gauges you fellas figure I am gonna need. Please, and thank you.

The batter terminal on the firewall tells me someone had an issue before and removed the factory connections probably due to similar issues. Either way now is the perfect time to do the big 3 upgrade for wiring.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I was thinking the same thing about the purple wire going to the neutral safety switch then starter. The red wire maybe the ignition hot lead going to the alt/power the truck.

The batter terminal on the firewall tells me someone had an issue before and removed the factory connections probably due to similar issues. Either way now is the perfect time to do the big 3 upgrade for wiring.

That was my "friend" trying to make it run. It was all stock wiring two days ago. Dont think he is a friend anymore, he has ignored all my texts/calls. Maybe he is unconscious from the burning wire smell(Heres Hoping ********).

I figured the ones that burnt went starter/ignition. Bypass alot of that with push button.

But the two reds he wired to the junction block are what confuse me. Are they both always hot like that, or is one switched? They both seem to lead to the fuse box.

Last edited:

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
But hey, my wife says my seatbelt light now comes on before she disconnected the battery. That never worked before. LOL

I was distraught at first. Then saw the pics. Saw it was mostly ignition related(relief). I cant afford a new ecm and all that!

But I can fix what I see in these pics.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
That was my "friend" trying to make it run. It was all stock wiring two days ago. Dont think he is a friend anymore, he has ignored all my texts/calls. Maybe he is unconscious from the burning wire smell(Heres Hoping ********).

I figured the ones that burnt went starter/ignition. Bypass alot of that with push button.

But the two reds he wired to the junction block are what confuse me. Are they both always hot like that, or is one switched? They both seem to lead to the fuse box.

Far as I know they are key hot.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Far as I know they are key hot.

So, what would you do with them? Cause that junction block aint key hot.

My wife said she saw no other wires coming from that loom he could have cut them from?

Last edited:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
So, what would you do with them? Cause that junction block aint key hot.

My wife said she saw no other wires coming from that loom he could have cut them from?

There are supposed to be other wires running to that, I think he cut the ends off and used that to reconnect them, no idea why maybe they were corroded?

Moral- do it your damn self.

Yes, the more I see the work other people do the more I feel confident in my own abilities, till I run cross someone that absolutely blows me away.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
There are supposed to be other wires running to that, I think he cut the ends off and used that to reconnect them, no idea why maybe they were corroded?

Yes, the more I see the work other people do the more I feel confident in my own abilities, till I run cross someone that absolutely blows me away.

Bet he blew you away. LOL, sure did me. Just supposed to put a new wire with fusible link wire from Autozone. That was all. What you see is what I got.

He still wont answer anything. Better be packing his house up and moving before I become mobile.

Might come down to buck shot from both sides of the front door! LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody