SINGLE 1pc DOOR GLASS???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

konakustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
Short Bed C10
Engine Size
350 Roller Motor
I have been looking at ways to do a single 1pc door glass on my 86 C10. A company called 1pc products sells a kit to do it but it is expensive as heck. They also have a flush mount rear window kit that is neat.

Anyone do the 1pc door glass or make there own kit??? Looking for ideas.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
From what I hear, it's a PITA and not well thought out for trucks that have electric windows.

From another forum:

oh boy! my honest feeling about the opp door window kit: horrible design when used with the power window regulators. they def. need more R&D. i cannot believe they havent improved or modified their kits or atleast have 2 different kits-one with power and the other with manual windows. you have to grind the hell outta the inside front part of the door so all the factory bracing for the hinges is worthless. i ended up spending (not even kidding here) over 80 hours adjusting, grinding, opening up holes, drilling, and modifying their kit til i gave up and took her down to a well known glass shop that does hotrods for northern california named kidwells glass. the owner Dan said its without a doubt the worst kit hes ever had to install. he basicly had to re-do the entire kit and make his own brackets that adjust as the windows rolled up and down. he had the truck for 2 weeks!!! because he would have to walk away out of frustration! $500 later they are installed and work perfectly now. no air leak noise or anything negitive to report. if i had to do it again id drive the 13 or so hours without windows to southern cali and have Ben at one piece do the install himself.

konakustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
Short Bed C10
Engine Size
350 Roller Motor
wow...ya mine is a all manual truck. I was thinking about making my own kit when I suecide the doors but the more I look at there kit it seems a pretty detailed setup.

konakustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
Short Bed C10
Engine Size
350 Roller Motor
Guess nobody knows of any other kits......maybe someone will show up with some info on this subject/project.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yea there's a kit made for it. don't think we can post the info here.

konakustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
Short Bed C10
Engine Size
350 Roller Motor

Why cant we post the info??? Thought this was a site to help each other out on parts and tech stuff. Or do you make them and they will block ya....lol

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Why cant we post the info??? Thought this was a site to help each other out on parts and tech stuff. Or do you make them and they will block ya....lol

Sending you a PM

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

Dude....just post it up! If it gets zapped it gets zapped but I know I save those links off for future use :)

konakustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
Short Bed C10
Engine Size
350 Roller Motor
Ya im good at starting trouble when I show up & not even try to start shitz.....lol
I understand now what he was saying......go figure rite!
Cant have fun anywhere anymore can we....??

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Meh....if I'm guessing the info is on 73-87.com and cuz one person has an issue with them we have issues sharing info from there :banghead:

konakustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
Short Bed C10
Engine Size
350 Roller Motor
Meh....if I'm guessing the info is on 73-87.com and cuz one person has an issue with them we have issues sharing info from there :banghead:

yep and thats not rite......kinda like the CList crap rite now......Thought this was AMERICA!!!

I better stop I will get booted if you get me going on this crap.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
No worries man. I've been pretty vocal on this subject myself :waytogo: if booting takes place there's several other spots to land ;)

konakustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
Short Bed C10
Engine Size
350 Roller Motor
I have been into building some neat rides besides these fun trucks and all the sites are the same......Its a comp. thing I guess. Cant blame the man that ownes the site & maintains it because he is trying to make a buck also.
I try to be careful what I say because I get accused of advertising alot but im just havin fun.....I dont need work off these sites....lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88SQDRW