Show your daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Well, just sold both my "daily" drivers this week. My true daily the 2002 Silverado 4.8 4wd with 303k and the 1997 Suburban 7.4 4wd with 203k. I decided to pay off my high interest credit card debt and in a month or so get into another truck with a payment. It'll save me hundreds a month in interest, insurance, fuel and maintenance. Plus, with the intended move to South Carolina approaching its a good excuse to get into a 2wd and quit dragging the extra weight of 4wd running gear around daily. Plus, I just bought a ton of parts for my '84 and with good weather here can daily that in the meantime after I button up the interior in a few weeks. I also still have the Pilot which doesn't get driven enough because the wife and SIL work from home.

You must be registered for see images attach

Being debt free is huge. That will be awesome to ditch the credit cards.

Have you ever listened to Dave Ramsey? Car loans are somewhat of an obstacle to building wealth as well. Paying cash for something is worth looking into.

Edit: just re-read your post and it sounds like you already pulled the trigger on the new purchase.

Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
No
Truck Model
No
Engine Size
No
I've never seen one of those. Definitely different.
A couple years ago I was in a pinch and needed to haul a motorcycle so I cut the back off and made a pickup. It's hauled dozens since. Has a receiver hitch and hauls a trailer now, too. Great mpg.
The latest haul a 75 CB750A. If it fits, it ships.

Last edited:

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
wifes dad just signed a do not resuscitate order yesterday, so he signed his truck over to my wife. now we got 4 trucks, 1 suv and a firebird. my driveway is looking like a used car dealers lot...
2014 double cab v6 auto 4by. 76000kms (approx 45000 miles)really nice shape, old man driven

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Well, just sold both my "daily" drivers this week. My true daily the 2002 Silverado 4.8 4wd with 303k and the 1997 Suburban 7.4 4wd with 203k. I decided to pay off my high interest credit card debt and in a month or so get into another truck with a payment. It'll save me hundreds a month in interest, insurance, fuel and maintenance. Plus, with the intended move to South Carolina approaching its a good excuse to get into a 2wd and quit dragging the extra weight of 4wd running gear around daily. Plus, I just bought a ton of parts for my '84 and with good weather here can daily that in the meantime after I button up the interior in a few weeks. I also still have the Pilot which doesn't get driven enough because the wife and SIL work from home.

I've got another friend moving to SC on the 18th of this month. Do you have an intended move date?

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
What about the square, be a fun drive in an old truck but also understand wanting to trailer or ship it...
Transmission isn't up to the task with no lockup so it'll be trailered behind a u-haul... It's why I bought the Suburban originally, but there's only three of us to make the trip and I had too many trucks at 4. It's not set in stone yet, but a house at half the cost of WA with acreage and in arms reach of family is hard to argue with...lest I forget the show circuit down south...so many events I can drive to!

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
with the intended move to South Carolina

Sadly I have to inform you that South Carolina is currently full. Please look to North Carolina or Georgia for your upcoming move.

:lol:

What part of the state are you looking to come too?

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Sadly I have to inform you that South Carolina is currently full. Please look to North Carolina or Georgia for your upcoming move.

:lol:

What part of the state are you looking to come too?
North Augusta/Aiken maybe Clark's Hill there's a nice house that way.

CountKrunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Count
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Custom Deluxe 3+3
Engine Size
v8 350
Ga population is BOOMING. 2 million people have moved to my county since 2000.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ta1nt3d