Short circuit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BronzeBomber

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Suburban
Engine Size
Hi all,

I have a short in the 20amp radio/dome light/lighter/horn circuit that started out as a slow intermittent blown fuse situation (would work for a week and then you find the fuse is blown) to now blowing fuses immediately. My DMM is showing 12+V across the open fuse holder and I have removed all loads, including the dome lamps, radio, horn relay and switch and lighter.

I've pulled out the fuse block and engine side block, cleaned it and inspected it and it looks ok to me. I've been trying to isolate where the circuit might be shorting but for the life of me I can't seem to find it.

Anyone run into something like this before?

Thanks!

1984 K20 Suburban Silverado w/ 6.5L turbo diesel.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My 86 has a short up by the dome light, guessing between the dome light and cargo light. Haven't tore it apart yet, but sometimes dome light works like it should, sometimes it stays on half brightness and then goes off when I turn the cargo light on.
It's a place to look