Shock questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badlandsblzr

Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
running a full size 84 4x4 Blazer, quad shock fronts, no lift stock truck. am looking on RockAuto for replacements and have choices from 12 bucks to 100 plus.. this is my daily runner, i'm not that hard on it.. i take it off road once in awhile, so extra heavy duty stuff isnt required.. any suggestions, btw i'm in canada, so not everything is available to me..

bulldog69

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
running a full size 84 4x4 Blazer, quad shock fronts, no lift stock truck. am looking on RockAuto for replacements and have choices from 12 bucks to 100 plus.. this is my daily runner, i'm not that hard on it.. i take it off road once in awhile, so extra heavy duty stuff isnt required.. any suggestions, btw i'm in canada, so not everything is available to me..
Why r u going with rock auto ? I would look at sumitt racing or jegs for shocks, they have great shipping prices and you get your order in 2 days . now as far as shocks go , it doesnt really matter what brand you go with but i would get a mono shock way better handling .

badlandsblzr

Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
well Rock Auto ships to canada, not alot of them do. will check if those ones do.
the truck came to me with the quad shocks up front, i actually am more concerned with the rear as its getting pretty soft, truck rear drops just by filling tank..
mono shock, brand? or removing the quads? this trucks my beasty, the older one is my fun fast toy, '80 FS Jimmy, 2wd. 350 racing motor, need a new tranny though, i had cooked the 350 turbo, was replaced with a 700 R, problem is new tranny needed to use old torque converter, which had blown a seal.. and my pals that were helping didnt know thats why the 350T blew in the first place.. so its sitting for a bit while i collect the parts i need..

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
well Rock Auto ships to canada, not alot of them do. will check if those ones do.
the truck came to me with the quad shocks up front, i actually am more concerned with the rear as its getting pretty soft, truck rear drops just by filling tank..
mono shock, brand? or removing the quads? this trucks my beasty, the older one is my fun fast toy, '80 FS Jimmy, 2wd. 350 racing motor, need a new tranny though, i had cooked the 350 turbo, was replaced with a 700 R, problem is new tranny needed to use old torque converter, which had blown a seal.. and my pals that were helping didnt know thats why the 350T blew in the first place.. so its sitting for a bit while i collect the parts i need..

I had quads up front,, took um off and run singles,, rides much better and i drive mostly on dirt..

my shock of choice is Rancho 5000 series, ive had really good results with um,, rock auto sells um for 47 bucks,, pretty good price,, Monroe's are good but not great,, the gas filled ones are better,, 50k miles on my last set...

im not a real fan of Gabriel's,, they tend to leak........

badlandsblzr

Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
thanks, if i remember correctly in the paperwork that came with the truck, there was a work receipt from Midas for total shock replacement and other work, was dated a couple months before i picked it up and i've had it for five years.