Shock Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brentcovey

Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
HI, I just picked up a 1979 K20. One of the rear upper shock mounts is missing, and the other one looks like a homemade piece out of angle iron which is bent. Could someone please post a pic of what they are supposed to look like, and hopefully a link to where I can get them? I appreciate the help and thanks for letting me join.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
HI, I just picked up a 1979 K20. One of the rear upper shock mounts is missing, and the other one looks like a homemade piece out of angle iron which is bent. Could someone please post a pic of what they are supposed to look like, and hopefully a link to where I can get them? I appreciate the help and thanks for letting me join.
On my K-10 they bolt right to the frame...

I couldn't find a close up with the new shocks installed, this is the best I can do at the moment. It should be noted it is common for the frame to crack at the rear shock mounts, I had to weld up both sides.
You must be registered for see images attach

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
On my ‘75 K25 they are also bolted directly to the frame. It looks kind of unusual, like it should have something more substantial than just a hole in the frame, but I think it’s factory original.

I think some of the 4WD parts vendors have a reinforcement for the upper mount.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35