shock advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F-64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 lwb
Engine Size
5.7 tbi stock
Tube, as 85 CA said those upper shock mounts are the worst. Single shear and they crack the frame. Those upper shock mounts won't be able to support much.
If you can fab a reinforced double-shear mount, you could probably get something to work.
I just used auxiliary air bags for load leveling.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
If you are having problems picturing a double shear mount ORD has some:

https://www.offroaddesign.com/rear-...87-91-k5-blazer-jimmy-k10-and-k20-pickup.html

EDIT: they say their product doesn't fit Suburbans for some reason.

I like this style(Have to mount these where you want them). Suburbans and one tons mount different.
You must be registered for see images attach

When I used my suburban to tow a-lot I just used air shocks and mounted the valve near the plate and aired them up when needed.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I've used Gas-a-Just shocks on one car and one pickup over the years. They are monotube shocks, which is a step above the Monroe someone linked to above. The 69 C10 I gave my son has a set that's gotta be close to 20 years old (around 30-40K miles). As for a stock replacement, the KYB Excel-G shock is as good as any, and probably better than entry-level Monroe or Gabriel. Check out Rockauto.com for pricing.

That's where I got my KYB's, RockAuto. Great price and shock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224