Seat upgrade opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woodchuck

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a 1981 K10 and wanted to make the bench a bit more kid friendly, don't exactly trust the seat belts that are stock for my sons convertable car seat, can I upgrade belts or upgrade the seat altogether? Would like a bench with flip down center console, possibly integrated seat belts and not looking for extensive mods but don't mind minor mods, suggestions please!

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
In my truck, I was looking for a little bit of extra safety for myself and a passenger.

So, I swapped in 3-points from the back seat of a 80's suburban.

The interior matched without any problem. Biggest difficulty was making an extended mount that allowed the retractor bit to fit with the flow of the floor.

Only issue i've had with them so far is that they liked to catch on the retractor ratchets while taking them off. This was fixed by bending the mount a bit to decrease the sharpness of the angle at which the belt enters the ratchet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising