Scores from DIY Parts Yards, Pull A Part, U Pull It etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
BTW, since it's a big weekend for DIY U pull it yards, were thinking of putting on a contest.
It's the "Bucket's Lincoln Log Contest". Some of you should already know what that is.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
:happy175:

Well hell, I guess tomorrow night I'll go out for a big Mexican meal, then cook up a pot of brussels sprouts and the morning before I go, I will have eggs with salsa and a half a bag of Oreos.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well, I'm not sure it would be fair for Forum Staff to participate. We will likely have to Judge the contest and the submission photos for authenticity. Past pics are not eligible. So someone will need to verify that the Log is fresh and not an old photo. Verify it's a human Log and that someone just didn't bring a pile of their dog from the backyard. That it's in fact in the back seat of a Lincoln and not another make of vehicle. And that's it's a Lincoln from a LKQ facility.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So no winner on our 1st Annual "Bucket's Lincoln Log" contest. Can't believe noone participated. :dancingpoop:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So what's the deal on your 89 K5 Score @Honky Kong jr ? I figured this thread here would be best to note your scrap yard scores rather then muddy up your build thread.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
So what's the deal on your 89 K5 Score @Honky Kong jr ? I figured this thread here would be best to note your scrap yard scores rather then muddy up your build thread.
It's kinda like the K20 it's pretty much worthless. It's been decapitated down to the floor and the firewall. Still has the tank in it.and the axles I couldn't tell you if it even has the engine and trans. I just gotta go pick it up. It would be awesome if it had 30 splines in it. I think ide keep both rears whole. Probably has crap gears in them my luck they are 410s. Lmao.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Man, I'd just hoard all those axles I could regardless of the gear ratios. Good or not, there's good parts in those axles even if it's just carriers, or axles. Some might even have LSD. I'd just collect all of them I could. I wish I had a gig like you have there. If the frame isn't totally rusted away, I'd love to have that thing. I've wanted to find something like that, gut it down to the frame and axles. Get some tubing and make an off-road buggy for my dad's property. It would never see pavement. I could even weld up all the spiders and make it a true 4x4. I'd even want it to have a small engine. Like maybe a Buick 231 3.8 V6 so it was good on gas. Doesn't need alot of power. It just needs traction. Something the kids and grandkids can ride around on so it would need to be auto trans.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Man, I'd just hoard all those axles I could regardless of the gear ratios. Good or not, there's good parts in those axles even if it's just carriers, or axles. Some might even have LSD. I'd just collect all of them I could. I wish I had a gig like you have there. If the frame isn't totally rusted away, I'd love to have that thing. I've wanted to find something like that, gut it down to the frame and axles. Get some tubing and make an off-road buggy for my dad's property. It would never see pavement. I could even weld up all the spiders and make it a true 4x4. I'd even want it to have a small engine. Like maybe a Buick 231 3.8 V6 so it was good on gas. Doesn't need alot of power. It just needs traction. Something the kids and grandkids can ride around on so it would need to be auto trans.
Well I think the back of the frame is cut. That Blazer is where my back bumper came from and I kinda remember there beig a piece of frame attached to it. This isn't my recycling yard hook up this is one of my eldest daughters exs. Lol just because they don't talk doesn't mean I can't lol. From what he said this thing had what I would call a W/T grill any thing to that?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It's kinda like the K20 it's pretty much worthless. It's been decapitated down to the floor and the firewall. Still has the tank in it.and the axles I couldn't tell you if it even has the engine and trans. I just gotta go pick it up. It would be awesome if it had 30 splines in it. I think ide keep both rears whole. Probably has crap gears in them my luck they are 410s. Lmao.

If that gas tank is any good, I'd be getting that too. If you don't use it, there's plenty that will. It being an 89 it's also going to have an Electric fuel pump in the tank that might be good.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
If that gas tank is any good, I'd be getting that too. If you don't use it, there's plenty that will. It being an 89 it's also going to have an Electric fuel pump in the tank that might be good.
I might strip off what's left of the body and park the frame at my buddy's place. Put an S10 body on it lol.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
My set of 3.73s and 12 bolt posi worked out well and that thing was just sitting on the fmground. Some one pulled the lift and left the rears lay. Last Saturday I picked up an XJ steering shaft and another Crown Vic fan identical to the one currently installed on my radiator. Them shafts suck ass when there is no keys.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yes for sure. There is certainly some labor in getting them out when you can't turn the steering wheel to get access with a socket and ratchet.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I might strip off what's left of the body and park the frame at my buddy's place. Put an S10 body on it lol.
You could do many different things with a K5 frame. Even a car body. I've seen where a guy put a standard cab on one and made a very short bed flat bed with the roll cage and all that good stuff with a spare tire rack. Talk about a go anywhere truck. That short wheel base, not much he couldn't do with it.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yes for sure. There is certainly some labor in getting them out when you can't turn the steering wheel to get access with a socket and ratchet.
I ended up pulling the master cylinder and dropping the steering box to get it out.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
You could do many different things with a K5 frame. Even a car body. I've seen where a guy put a standard cab on one and made a very short bed flat bed with the roll cage and all that good stuff with a spare tire rack. Talk about a go anywhere truck. That short wheel base, not much he couldn't do with it.

There's a guy down the road from a buddy of mine, that has a vega wagon on a blazer frame for sale as a roller. Doesn't appear to have any glass or interior, just a lot of lol's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell