Rust Attack Part I

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Or my 88 thats sitting in a covered shop. Rust Free other than surface rust where the clear coat came off of it. I want that burb at your mom and dads. Its got buckets and has the 6.2 in it. Tell your dad, some dude is coming to pick it up. Tell them he is trading you some 305 exhaust manifolds for it. :roflbow:

Haha your a funny guy.... Its got so many good parts in it, everyone wants the plush door panels, power windows and power locks. This thing has all the fancy **** and its a complete truck.

I just noticed the rear bumper and tow hitch, I will be stealing that off of it to install onto my pickup. I just need to figure out How to put the bumper in the Mustang.....

I might steal some dash pieces out of it while Im at it, i've been driving my pickup around with no guage bezel since I installed the heater core. A bunch of **** was broken with missing screws and what not. I may just put the Diesel guage Bezel into mine since its in good shape.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ahh man, see how you are. Here I was willing to give some manifolds, and now you won't gimme a truck you didn't like so much, you took it tree hoppin trying to blow it up. :shitsweak::Moon:

:laughing1:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Ahh man, see how you are. Here I was willing to give some manifolds, and now you won't gimme a truck you didn't like so much, you took it tree hoppin trying to blow it up. :shitsweak::Moon:

:laughing1:

Haha c'mon dude really? you need another truck as much as a hole in the head. I will make a deal, if you put ONE pickup together and make it a fully functioning road worthy vehicle I will consider giving you the prized parts Burb.... :roflbow:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Haha c'mon dude really? you need another truck as much as a hole in the head. I will make a deal, if you put ONE pickup together and make it a fully functioning road worthy vehicle I will consider giving you the prized parts Burb.... :roflbow:
Oh man, now that's cold and low blow there. You know if I had the funds all my rides would be running. I got 2 of 7 complete. That's not bad is it?? :happy175: No man, I am kidding about that burb. Although I'd love to find some front buckets and console. What I'd really like to do is find me a 4x4 Burb frame to put my 88 Burb body on. Then again, I might just leave it the 3/4 2wd that it is, and go for a K5 4x4 Blazer instead. For real, I don't need everthing to be 4x4. But, I have pretty much made up my mind, that 14b FF 3.73 rear end is coming out of my Burb and a 4.10 going in it. The 3.73 FF is going into my latest 85 K1500 since the front is already 3.73, then just convert the front to 8 lug hubs. That will be awhile though. I have 2 fairly good sets of 6 lugs tires on both my K10 and K1500. I want to wear those tires out first and get my money's worth out of them.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
When the time comes I will pull the buckets and console out for ya, I hate bucket seats in Pickups, Im all about the bench seat. Same goes for the electric windows and door locks ********.... everyone seems to seek those parts but I have no desire to put that **** into anything I drive.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
When the time comes I will pull the buckets and console out for ya, I hate bucket seats in Pickups, Im all about the bench seat. Same goes for the electric windows and door locks ********.... everyone seems to seek those parts but I have no desire to put that **** into anything I drive.
Hey, that would be cool. I agree, I prefer bench seat too, but for the Burb, I want buckets and console. This way, when I have great daughters with me, they can get from the front seat to the back seat without climbing over the seats when we are at the property. But, I do have to have cruise control for the bad back, and a bit spoiled to power windows. I can do without the driver side being power, but I want to be able to roll down the passenger window wo having to take off the seat belt and stretch across the cab. One of these days when I get crap together and something decent running, we oughta plan a meet at your folks place and do some parts swapping.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Hey, that would be cool. I agree, I prefer bench seat too, but for the Burb, I want buckets and console. This way, when I have great daughters with me, they can get from the front seat to the back seat without climbing over the seats when we are at the property. But, I do have to have cruise control for the bad back, and a bit spoiled to power windows. I can do without the driver side being power, but I want to be able to roll down the passenger window wo having to take off the seat belt and stretch across the cab. One of these days when I get crap together and something decent running, we oughta plan a meet at your folks place and do some parts swapping.

We have a good collection going, Hopefully it will just keep growing. I wish I was closer to home so I could drag home all the pickups I find. Eventually they will all be worth money. What happen to the meeting plan at your pops property?!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
We have a good collection going, Hopefully it will just keep growing. I wish I was closer to home so I could drag home all the pickups I find. Eventually they will all be worth money. What happen to the meeting plan at your pops property?!

We can still do that someday too. Might be a good time to start planning ahead now. Get everyone who'd be interested in showing up a chance to say what time of the year is good for them. Memorial Day weekend or Labor Day Weekend would be cool since its 3 days for most people. Also the weather is not to hot or cold those months of the year either.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Its just such a shame to see you busting your ass on that thing when this thing is sitting at my parents house. Completely rust free and ready to drop onto your frame.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I didn't realize you were a fan of Gumby and Pokey 89S. I can only assume you are with all the blockheads. You Blockhead !!!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
That brings up a question....where did all the "blockhead" emoticons come from, 89Sub! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derek87