Rust Attack Part I

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Haha c'mon dude really? you need another truck as much as a hole in the head. I will make a deal, if you put ONE pickup together and make it a fully functioning road worthy vehicle I will consider giving you the prized parts Burb.... :roflbow:
:roflbow:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

If all it takes is "few beers" for Imann to be thinking that way, if him and I ever meet, I'll be making sure all the tool boxes are locked up so he doesn't get an incling to want to work on my truck for me. :flipthebird:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
89Sub must be bored today to be going back to his old posts and rereading the thread and THEN responding to the old responses...... :think:

:lol:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
89Sub must be bored today to be going back to his old posts and rereading the thread and THEN responding to the old responses...... :think:

No doubt. Imann may have even sobered up by now.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I think undercoat really helps alot. I hope to be able to clean the bottom of my trucks that don't have rust and undercoat them. Even if it is the rattle can stuff, it bound to be much better than nothing at all and should keep the road elements from weather from getting to the metal til you get thru some water puddles or undercarriage wash to get the stuff off the undercoat.
Only thing I don;t like about undercoating is if it cracks and water gets behind it and rust starts, it hides it on ya. I have seen that.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

It's really neat going through threads and looking at the fun we had and comraderie, and a chance to catch up or add something that might have been overlooked. :High 5:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It's really neat going through threads and looking at the fun we had and comraderie, and a chance to catch up or add something that might have been overlooked. :High 5:

I know, I was craking up, Dave put up a link to another site and reffered to a few posts of what someone said. I went and checked it out and low and behold, 2 posts down, there I was giving Dave advice almost 2 years ago. I must say, it was good adbice too, but of course Dave still hasn't built that motor. He appartenlty shifted gears a few months ago and bought a donor truck. But who am I to talk? I have changed my plans on my rides more often than Retro has changed skirts and avatars. Thats alot !!!

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
If all it takes is "few beers" for Imann to be thinking that way, if him and I ever meet, I'll be making sure all the tool boxes are locked up so he doesn't get an incling to want to work on my truck for me. :flipthebird:

:Moon: At least someone will be working on any of your trucks HAHA:Moon: If I showed up with a 30 pack we might get to see a transmission installed in your 1500.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
:Moon: At least someone will be working on any of your trucks HAHA:Moon: If I showed up with a 30 pack we might get to see a transmission installed in your 1500.

OK, That's a deal, but no damn body work. I don't want a truck so heavy in bondo, I'll have to put 5.13 gears in the rear end to get it able to take from a stop sign.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Hell no dude, sometimes to have 100% perfection and concentration it takes a slight buzz.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I bought the panels from them, the zero rust and the silaprene, and the flangeing pliers, they work great. I used them on the bed, cut out all the rust, ground down to find an inch of good metal past the rust, cut it out, then cut the repair panel about 5/8 or 1/2 or so bigger, flanged the metal and put the panel on, this way it sits flush with the old stuff and make body work very easy. there is an overlap of 1/2 or so but I hit it all with self etch primer and then used the silaprene as well.

Is this what the pliers look like? That is pretty neat. Does it really work on the repair panels? That is some pretty thick metal.

You must be registered for see images

free image hosting

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model