Running boards that runn down the side and to the bed for a 1986 crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasOutlaw87Cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 30
Engine Size
5.9 cummins
Any one seen theses or know where to get them ? I've seen then on a few trucks with amber and red running lights an that look awsome ? For how big my trucks going to be I think it would be a cool Gaudy and 80s look ;) any one have any info please share or what they look like on your crew cab

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

thaddybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Thad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Tafco Equipment in Blue Earth MN used to make them as well. Bad part is that they quit making them. Maybe able to find some yet but most likely they wont be new, at least the Tafco ones. I have some buddies that work there can see if there is a set laying around by chance.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Friggin sad. These old school stuff not being made anymore. Used to be able to get those RB's in black, andonized or diamond plate. The old school flat bug deflectors, those plastic inner fender liners JCW used to sell. Even the windshield visors are getting hard to come by now. Sure makes you feel old when that stuff starts disappearing.... :(

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Friggin sad. These old school stuff not being made anymore. Used to be able to get those RB's in black, andonized or diamond plate. The old school flat bug deflectors, those plastic inner fender liners JCW used to sell. Even the windshield visors are getting hard to come by now. Sure makes you feel old when that stuff starts disappearing.... :(

Yeah, it sucks. Right now your best bet for accessories is craigslist, junkyards, and swap meets. Nothing new anymore.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E

It just ain't a Square without the big ol' bug deflector. My dad always had one on his 78'.

TexasOutlaw87Cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 30
Engine Size
5.9 cummins
Damn ... Ok thanks guys ill start looking around ! But thanks guy for the info .!

TexasOutlaw87Cummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 30
Engine Size
5.9 cummins
LMC TRUCK has them but ... There PRICEY !!!! :(

itsachevy

Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20 cheyenne
Engine Size
350 4bbl
it just ain't a square without the big ol' bug deflector. My dad always had one on his 78'.

yes ! Where can i find one of those it was just basically a large flat hunk of plexiglass wasn't it ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy