Rough country 6 inch suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott karbowski

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
7.4 litre
Did anybody have a problem with a 6 inch suspension lift in the front where the spring hits the frame by the spring shackles on the front end, please let me know thank you

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Have you got a few pictures of where its hitting?

Scott karbowski

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
7.4 litre
No pictures it’s at a service shop for new exhaust The shackles are facing backwards and the spring Eyelet is hitting the frame,Almost like the springs are too long but according to rough country those are the right Springs

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I am googling pictures right now to try to wrap my head around where it is hitting and how. If anyone else can chime in would be ****.

Scott karbowski

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
7.4 litre
On the front springs the front of the spring is bolted in a carriage and the rear of the spring has two flat bars for shackles the flat bars are aiming backwards and the eyelet of the spring is hitting the frame

The88

Mhmm
Reaction score
First Name
ThatGuy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Roger that. I was a little twisted that i thought you said the shackle was on the front... Any way what I would do is measure eye to eye on your stock springs and the RC ones and see if they did in deed send the correct length. More info you have on them to argue the better just in case.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
You need the longer shackles. Here they are at ORDs...
http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/hdshackles.htm

Usually 6" lift springs are so stiff they don't usually flex enough for the shackle to bottom out on the frame. You know, the more arch the springs have, the less they actually work(flex). This is a good upgrade regardless. It will tip your front diff slightly more to the back, which is bad for the front U joint to the diff but better for overall handling. You will find the steering self-centers better. And welcome to the site, thanks for joining.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
^^^ Yep, what shiftpro said. The little bit longer shackles will help out a bit. Later GM vehicles moved to this longer version. Here is an old picture of mine when I upgraded it. Before the upgrade all my bushings were shot and the spring eye was resting on the frame all the time.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also you might want to check the bushings and the condition of the upper shackle mount/bushing. If this is collapsed/gone then the spring will be closer to the frame. ORD sells a bigger bushing/bracket too if you want to beef it up more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scawdrey