rocker arm installation help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piifbQtCzno

Can you use polylock rocker nuts on plain rocker pivots?

The rockers being secured with polylocks (in the video linked above) are way different than what you are trying to assemble.

I know very little about performance type modifications, so please disregard my question if it is stupid - I was just interested in the procedure.

cbrodine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piifbQtCzno

Can you use polylock rocker nuts on plain rocker pivots?

The rockers being secured with polylocks (in the video linked above) are way different than what you are trying to assemble.

I know very little about performance type modifications, so please disregard my question if it is stupid - I was just interested in the procedure.

Thats the video I've watched half a dozen times to learn how to do it:signs8:

After looking at some other videos and some Google searching I had came up with the same conclusion/question as you as far as using poly locks with plain rocker pivots. Maybe I just need to use a regular self locking nut like factory?

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
If those heads require self aligning rockers, then they don't need the guide plates and those aren't the right rockers.

cbrodine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
If those heads require self aligning rockers, then they don't need the guide plates and those aren't the right rockers.

After looking at the spec sheet for my Dart heads, I see that I dont need the guide plates. I should just be able to use the self aligning rockers I have and just get self locking nuts. I'll try this and report back...

Thanks gpmorgan:happy107:

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Those rockers should have little flat washers on each side of the roller that use the valve tip to keep them in line. Also valve geometry is very important when using roller tip or full roller rockers. Comp website explains this process better than I can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kipps5000