ring & pinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olemans85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aden
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
358 roller
Has anyone had any experience with a Richmond Excel ring & pinion? I am also considering USA Standard. Some reviews state the Richmond Excel is noisy, so this has me leaning towards the USA Standard.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Has anyone had any experience with a Richmond Excel ring & pinion? I am also considering USA Standard. Some reviews state the Richmond Excel is noisy, so this has me leaning towards the USA Standard.
I don't have experience with either, but I will say that Yukon Gear's YG series is as quiet as original GM gears. I got mine from Randy's Ring & Pinion. Those guys really know their products and were very helpful before and after the sale. They also sell the less expensive ZG gears (which is what USA Standard sells) but Randy's says they are noisier than the YG sets.

As a rule of thumb, the cheaper gears are not only noisier, they're harder to get a good pattern on during setup. But all I've ever installed are YG and GM.

olemans85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aden
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
358 roller
Thanks Mike, I'm looking at a posi traction rebuild kit from Ebay. The kit has a Yukon Dura Grip w/ USA Standard or Richmond Excel.(3.42 ratio) I'll go with the USA Standard ring & pinion option. Has received good internet reviews

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man