Restoration help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankie

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
R3500
Engine Size
Bed is in excellent shape too. Getting ready to remove it via a tree. Lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Frankie

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
R3500
Engine Size
Finally found gas tank supports, took a bit. Would like prebent ss brake lines. Found pieces but not main run.
May have issues with locating upper and lower control arms.
Oh a steering column would be nice, tilt is broke, planned on rebuilding. Front suspension is 87 for sure as is column.
Finally located rear leafs and overload spring. Still need the u-bolts to mount it, 3 where broke. Yep still drove fine. Lol

Frankie

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
R3500
Engine Size
My son is doing most, if not all the work. 18 and is having fun. Wants it as a show, sunny driver truck. Will never haul again.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Finally found gas tank supports, took a bit. Would like prebent ss brake lines. Found pieces but not main run.
May have issues with locating upper and lower control arms.
Oh a steering column would be nice, tilt is broke, planned on rebuilding. Front suspension is 87 for sure as is column.
Finally located rear leafs and overload spring. Still need the u-bolts to mount it, 3 where broke. Yep still drove fine. Lol
I would try inline tube for the brake line. I bought Moog control arms, yours are the same as mine and they are the same right up to the end of the run too. The column should be easy enough to find and there's a column interchange list on the forum somewhere. There's a spring shop near me that had those rear springs in stock, those are the same all through the dually run too.

Frankie

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
R3500
Engine Size
Would like close to stock springs. SD SPRINGS has them as well as the over load. Just not sure how stock they are as they have different load ranges available. Both my leafs have multiple broken leafs in the pack as well as deformed over load. Any names of places would be great.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Would like close to stock springs. SD SPRINGS has them as well as the over load. Just not sure how stock they are as they have different load ranges available. Both my leafs have multiple broken leafs in the pack as well as deformed over load. Any names of places would be great.
McVeigh Truck Spring in Mio or you could try Michigan Truck Spring in Saginaw. I know McVeigh's makes their own ubolts so you can get whatever you need. You should be able to tell what the stock springs are with the SPID in the glovebox.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL