Replacement Door Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Is there a difference between the replacement door panels offered by LMC versus those offered by Classic Industries or Brothers? Just curious if they all get them from the same manufacturer or if they are different and one is higher quality than the others.

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Based on what I've seen there are essentially two aftermarket replacement door panels available. The LMC style ones are plastic (basically), utilize stock or very similar to stock trim and have no fabric inserts. The Classic Industries style ones are also plastic but they don't use the factory trim to the same degree and instead have a fabric insert that takes the place of the upper silver piece. This is all on 81-87 panels. I'm not sure about the earlier ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Both of the trucks I will need door panels for are 70's. A 75 and a 78. The 78 I probably won't be overly picky on but I would like the 74 to be as close to stock looking as possible.

Last edited:

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ah, well youre welcome for the no help I just was :cheers:

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I appreciate the response and am pretty sure I will end up buying another truck built after 81 at some point so all info is good.

1983GMCGuy

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Classic
Engine Size
Based on what I've seen there are essentially two aftermarket replacement door panels available. The LMC style ones are plastic (basically), utilize stock or very similar to stock trim and have no fabric inserts. The Classic Industries style ones are also plastic but they don't use the factory trim to the same degree and instead have a fabric insert that takes the place of the upper silver piece. This is all on 81-87 panels. I'm not sure about the earlier ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! I'm inbthe process of locating new panels, so thanks for the info

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84