Removing fuel tank.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

john ward

Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
77-83 and inbetween
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Going to remove one of the tanks on my c10 as only one works anyway, plus filling both in uk is like saving for a holiday lol, the tank i will be using is the driver side it has 3 pipes that i can see can i just cap one or do i need to use all three, i can't seem to find a good article on dumping one tank and get rid of the switching gear or could i use a 2 pipe sender, motor running a carb..

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I assume your referring to keeping the feed, return and vent. The feed and vent are definitely necessary. The return on a carbed setup can be deleted, but can create a few headaches. It helps prevent fuel boiling by constant circulation of fuel and it also helps make the float’s job easier.

That being said, when I bought my truck it was plumbed with all three everywhere but the fuel pump and carb. Not sure why they deleted it, but it ran anyhow.

You could probably just drop the tank and cap the lines. If your valve ever fails, then you can think about replumbing to delete the lines for the passenger side tank. Or, just use up as much fuel in the unwanted tank and just don’t use it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man