Recent Changes to the Forum Index

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
new website...can't receive anymore the "most popular post for the week" by e-mail :(

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
I'm not trying to start a fight- but I also get the following messages when I try to go to "Funny Stuff From The Internet" and "Politics Threads"-

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
Same shiite as the other guy who was askin... You now need 50 posts to get into those places. I think they'll give you the key to use the restroom at that point, too.

...and make sure you have four spares if you're running Firestones.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
New kinder gentler host sucks balls

******* cant even ******* say ****
Yeah I keep waiting for them to address this major problem, but it doesn't seem like it will be fixed. The amount of censorship is insane, maybe if they want to edit out some bad slurs or whatever fine, but a large majority of stuff that is edited out wouldn't even get censored on a major TV network sitcom or a corporate radio station, just like seemingly normal words that aren't curses or even offensive in any regard. It's overkill and protects nobody and is just annoying. There are no 7 year olds using an automotive forum, this is pretty stupid.

Honestly it makes it hard to figure out what people are saying a lot of times, because we don't even know which random words will get censored so people can't know how to "be creative" and it just blanks out the whole word instead of a few letters so there's no way to even guess what the person was trying to say. If it was just cuss words that would be one thing, but there are some downright normal words that get removed and it's mind boggling. Can we at least have a list of "unacceptable" words so we know which phrases to dance around?

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So the word c0m mie is now *****? Well **** the ***clown who thinks the changes here are no big deal.

I'd like to know who the sponsors are that pushed these "changes", so I can boycott them (if they're even vendors).

Last edited:

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
So the word c0m mie is now *****? Well **** the ***clown who thinks the changes here are no big deal.

I'd like to know who the sponsors are that pushed these "changes", so I can boycott them (if they're even vendors).
For real dude. FFS, the word **** is censored! (that was supposed to say "p0rn"). Who is against simply hearing the word P0RN??? Seriously it's not even a bad word. Maybe not a wholesome topic, but neither is sex in general and I'm sure they don't censor out the word SEX. Remind me never to buy anything from that company with their ridiculous sense of control.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I'm not defending nor agreeing with word censoring 100% I'm just making a statement that could be. Most of the forums will come up in a simple google search, without need to log into the site, so there maybe the thought there that we might offend someone, even a 7 year old or an adult. I don't know I'm just saying that the forum is viewable by many more than just the members.

I do agree that it is going to far.

What about in PM, are words censored there too. To me what you do in private (PM) should be whatever you want. What you do in members only section another and then on the publicly viewable forum yet another, but that's just my opinion.

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
What the hell? Are you a wizard?

:D

bunghole **** hole
Just kiped a couple letters from the Russian and German alphabet, and one of those upside down exclamation marks from south of the border...

Like: ʊ ɑ ¡

The profanity filter isn't very smart, so you just have to change one character in the word to something it doesn't recognize (pretty much any letter that's not in the English alphabet... even if it looks the same) Kinduva pain in the ass, but it's almost worth it just to outwit those fartknockers that asked for the censorship in the first place, and at least we don't get spanked for doing it.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
These are all issues to be brought to the attention of @Shaggy . He's the one who makes these decisions and owns the place :)

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
These are all issues to be brought to the attention of @Shaggy . He's the one who makes these decisions and owns the place :)
Shaggy is a good dude. This might be mostly out of his control (if he wants to keep the place), or maybe he simply doesn't care about our lust for curse words. But it's still crazy over the top regardless...

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I'm not defending nor agreeing with word censoring 100% I'm just making a statement that could be. Most of the forums will come up in a simple google search, without need to log into the site, so there maybe the thought there that we might offend someone, even a 7 year old or an adult. I don't know I'm just saying that the forum is viewable by many more than just the members.

I do agree that it is going to far.

What about in PM, are words censored there too. To me what you do in private (PM) should be whatever you want. What you do in members only section another and then on the publicly viewable forum yet another, but that's just my opinion.
Well tell your 7 year old not to google stuff that might bring up dirty words. Lol it's the internet FFS. If your kid was looking for a pair of baseball cleats and searched the word "dicks" looking for "Dick's Sporting Goods", are you gonna blame the internet for how dare you have dirty content? The internet is a ****** up place, if you're worried about them finding bad words maybe don't turn them loose on the internet with an ipad because there are FAR worse things they could stumble across than a GM truck forum with a bunch of old dudes cussing about electrical problems and the weather and stuff...

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I find asterisks to be offensive. They look like puckered up b00ty h0les but spoiler alert, they really aren’t. They’re just a racist white key on your keyboard parading around acting and dressing like a b00ty h0le. That’s called anatomical appropriation, something a person of privilege would know nothing about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128