Rear sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slybeanx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
v6
I have a rear sway bar kit from Western Chassis I don't plan on using. New in box (although the box was banged up from shipping). All new hardware etc.

it was a part of their "1973-87 Chevy, GMC Truck High Performance Front and Rear " kit. I used the fronts but am happy just running those.

Cost me 380$ to my door so I'm asking 140$ picked up.

I can ship but its both heavy and large so it wont be cheap.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
dang I wish you were closer. Curious, what size is it?

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Slybeanx,

I need this. But I wonder exactly how much it would cost to ship it? How much does it weigh? Or is there a shipping charge from who you bought it from? What was it? Do you still have the receit? This is the last part I need to finish the upgrade on my custom trucks suspension. I need new shocks but as far as permanent parts are concerned the rear sway bar would be the last part I need.

I've been looking at everything starting with Hellwig, first choice, then Addco, CPP, QA1, Beltec, and Western Chassis, hell I've even looked a LMC. There's another one, let's see if I can remember...POL, that's it. Western Chassis had the most parts that were priced good for a whole number of parts I wanted like their tubular A arms, front and rear sway bars, and some other stuff they had. Is it a 1 1/16", 1", surely not a 1 1/8"? My GM front sway bar is a 1 1/16", I got it off a 3/4 ton at a local wrecking yard. If the one you've got was a 1 1/16" that would be great!

Long beds like my truck have a serious sway problem because of the length. I was told the front, in a tight turn, starts the twist then after it starts to flatten the back end catches up in the twist. So what you want to do is have the whole truck not twist but straighten the frame out in a turn so it remains level. A big bar in the back accomplishes that.

Slybeanx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
v6
@Slybeanx,

I need this. But I wonder exactly how much it would cost to ship it? How much does it weigh? Or is there a shipping charge from who you bought it from? What was it? Do you still have the receit? This is the last part I need to finish the upgrade on my custom trucks suspension. I need new shocks but as far as permanent parts are concerned the rear sway bar would be the last part I need.

I've been looking at everything starting with Hellwig, first choice, then Addco, CPP, QA1, Beltec, and Western Chassis, hell I've even looked a LMC. There's another one, let's see if I can remember...POL, that's it. Western Chassis had the most parts that were priced good for a whole number of parts I wanted like their tubular A arms, front and rear sway bars, and some other stuff they had. Is it a 1 1/16", 1", surely not a 1 1/8"? My GM front sway bar is a 1 1/16", I got it off a 3/4 ton at a local wrecking yard. If the one you've got was a 1 1/16" that would be great!

Long beds like my truck have a serious sway problem because of the length. I was told the front, in a tight turn, starts the twist then after it starts to flatten the back end catches up in the twist. So what you want to do is have the whole truck not twist but straighten the frame out in a turn so it remains level. A big bar in the back accomplishes that.

Oh its def heavy lol. Its large, heavy and an odd shape. If I had to guess at shipping it'd be 30$+

I have the email reciept from WC.
Very happy with the quality. Cost me 79$ to have it shipped from western chassis for front and rears

Slybeanx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
v6
I sold my truck so I doubt ill be on here regularly, if you are interested in buying it feel free to email me at [email protected].

I also have a 3 core LS swap radiator with fans/ relays im looking to sell. Installed and ran for maybe 50 miles. Took it out to swap back to stock for sale.

Also have a 255lp walbro pump kit

Last edited:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I sold my truck so I doubt ill be on here regularly, if you are interested in buying it feel free to email me at [email protected].

I also have a 3 core LS swap radiator with fans/ relays im looking to sell.

put a pic up of the radiator setup. Not that I need one, but I got a feeling it will go fairly quick. What controls the fans? ECU or aftermarket temperature probe?

Slybeanx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
v6
put a pic up of the radiator setup. Not that I need one, but I got a feeling it will go fairly quick. What controls the fans? ECU or aftermarket temperature probe?

You must be registered for see images

Just a simple rad with fans and relays.
Was going to run LS and have the ECU control the fans. Can wire them up many different ways.

Slybeanx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
v6
Bump - Been holding onto this rear sway bar for FAR too long.

Now its seriously - Best offer - shoot your shot. Come snag some random parts for cheap.

I also have a roll pan and some other misc LS swap items like a fuel pump.

If you are local to MD feel free to come pick it up. If you need it shipped I can also probably facilitate that.

Feel free to contact me at - [email protected] -

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer