Rear Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My after market speakers have an all black wire with a small connector and a black/white wire with a large connector. Which one is positive and needs to connect to the dark blue wire from the radio?

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The wider one is positive.
There's usually a + and a - marked next to the spade terminals on the speaker.

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks Dan, that's what I thought, all black would be negative. I looked and looked on both speakers (made in China) and could not find anything.
Hope all is well in NW Texas.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks Dan, that's what I thought, all black would be negative. I looked and looked on both speakers (made in China) and could not find anything.
Hope all is well in NW Texas.
Just the usual wind up here.
I just noticed you live in Conroe. My Dad lives on the far west side of Conroe. When he first moved there, it wasn't part of Conroe yet. At that time his mailing address was listed as the town of Cut and Shoot, Texas.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
double post

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Nice countryside out there although that would be east Conroe. If stabbing didn't kill you, they'd shoot you. Ha!

Reactions: WFO

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Nice countryside out there although that would be east Conroe. If stabbing didn't kill you, they'd shoot you. Ha!
Yeah East. I must'a had a brain fart.
I reckon I was just used to headin West out of Porter to go to his house.

mnsouth

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I think the previous color markings advice was correct, but you can always double check with a 1.5 v AA battery or a 9 volt battery. When you touch the positive wire to the battery post and the negative wire to the negative battery post the cone of the speaker should move outward each time you tap the wire on the battery, if the speaker cone sucks in, your wires are reversed. Reversed wiring will reduce your bass output. DO NOT do this testing with a CAR 12 volt battery! A 12 volt car battery has unlimited amperage and would fry your speaker !

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@mnsouth,

Is that how you would test a speaker without a + and -, if it moves outward touching the power wire to a post that's positive and if it moves inward that's negative? I re-read your post and I'd have to have both wires connected, but not the, what, the positive wire? If the speaker does what you indicated the + and - are reversed? Electrics confuse me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06