Rear sliding glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84c10Tony

Howdy!
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Was 84
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
My dad used a key box, taped it up under the body on top of frame etc. I would only put a door key to open a door if keys locked in, so less possible issues, one might even hide an ign. key under some carpet or underneath a seat etc.
Since spine problems, and laziness, I just tape a door key with out the plastic cover to my auto parts discount card and slide into the wallet. The old days we had a plastic card key for the door from AAA.
I like windows/sliders, windows that open, don't care if it is a slider or not, have both, when you do not have a/c, it is nice too.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
The ventilation realized by the that open slider is worth a lifetime.
I've had them with bad broken leaky exhaust many times and never any fumes.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
All good advice, thanks guys!

maxtwms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I was initially going to replace my slider because someone knocked out the far passenger panel and had it replaced with fiberglass.. I'm assuming there has to be a way to remove the whole back glass, replace the panel and then the whole assembly. If anyone has replaced these themselves, is this feasible?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I'm assuming there has to be a way to remove the whole back glass, replace the panel and then the whole assembly. If anyone has replaced these themselves, is this feasible?

I think labor is going to be the issue (at least out here in California). You can get the 4 panel window for as low as $150. I installed it myself. Not very difficult as long as you have new rubber or the original is soft. Just use some liquid soap and a cord to wrap around the window seal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheBeast1990