Rear slider channels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 "Big 10"
Engine Size
350 4-bolt
Hey, all. I have the factory rear sliding window in my 78, and the plastic channels the sliding glass sits in have disintegrated. Are there replacement kits for the channels, or is this an all new window?
If it’s a new window, does anyone know of a reasonably priced replacement slider, because I’m not spending $600+ on one window.
Thanks!

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
IIRC there was someone a few months ago that went through this, and I dont think there is any replacement parts for the channels. Perhaps someone has found something since? I pulled my factory slider (from an 85) - someone wanted it then disappeared, so I tossed it.

If there is a difference in years / styling, there is a 79 at my local yard that I think I saw a slider in it. No idea what shape its in, and cant imagine shipping costs though.

Lots of Texans here - might get lucky. Can also PM @AyWoSch Motors - he seems to have alot of spares.

And (Columbo)...one more thing: If those plastic sliders are removable, I might be able to score them off the 79.....if they're in good shape.

If you dont find anything, just say and I'll check it out next trip there. They listed the truck pn their inventory as "unknown type" (its a 79 C10 for Gods sake - ?!) so its waaaaay at the back of the yard. Probably be there for awhile. lol

Last edited:

Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 "Big 10"
Engine Size
350 4-bolt
Ok. Let me know. My local yards don’t have any c10s at all. All gmt400 and newer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade