Rear end pop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meyster89

Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
SOMETIMES while turning in reverse or drive, the rear end will make a slight pop noise. To my understanding it has 3.08 gears. It doesn't affect the truck while driving or anything, but I like to fix things before it breaks more stuff. Any tips or pointers would be appreciated.

Also, with my brakes. It's been a rainy day here in Florida and I went to DQ to get lunch. While in the drive through waiting forEVER to get to the window, I would creep little by little getting closer and closer. I would apply brakes like normal but it seemed the back was locking up. Well, it was. Really slow speed lock up of rear brakes. Once on the road and coming up to stop lights, it was fine.. Any idea?? Thanks!

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I've got nothing on the popping sound, but the braking thing seems to be common on these trucks. It's been mentioned in threads on here before. Mine does it too, but usually only after it's been sitting for a while (like a day or two at least). Once I pull out of the driveway and get up some speed, it doesn't do it any more.

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
I've got nothing on the popping sound, but the braking thing seems to be common on these trucks. It's been mentioned in threads on here before. Mine does it too, but usually only after it's been sitting for a while (like a day or two at least). Once I pull out of the driveway and get up some speed, it doesn't do it any more.

yea,, my 82 c10 2wd and k10 4x4 with a locker,, will both ether lock up 1 rear tire or both first thing in the a.m.

ive tryed everything under the sun to fix it,, with all new parts/shoes/springs/wheel cylinders/turned the drums? on both sides and it still does it......

just one of them things i guess..........:think:

Meyster89

Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
After a few days of searching and everything, it sounds like it could be caused by axle seals going bad. Either way, not too worried on the brakes, at least it's stopping!!

Still want to get the popping noise figured out. It's nothing CRAZY but I want to figure it out before It gets worse or whatever. It's when turning at slow speeds, So not sure if spider gears? pinion? Idk...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmritz