Question about replacing ’83 blazer rockers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DnS421

Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Hey all, I need to replace both inner and outer rockers on my ’83 4wd blazer (along with the whole floor) and all the listings for replacement panels state that they need to be modified to fit the blazers, I seen a video that said they need to be made wider to match oem, can anyone tell me what needs to be modified and what would happen if you didn’t do this modification before welding them in? Thanks in advance!

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I don't know what about them needs to be modified. Something tells me they simply wouldn't line up. They may be too long or may be missing a notch somewhere for a body mount or something in a different spot, etc. They're probably "universal" like something that could also be made to fit a Suburban or Crew Cab pickup. Or hell, maybe it's something totally unrelated and needs to be drilled for something to attach to or whatever. "Needs to be modified" isn't really specific, could mean a bunch of different stuff. Where are you buying them from?

DnS421

Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Where are you buying them from?
LMC Truck. It says “ replacement panels are for trucks and will need to be modified to fit blazers” Like I said, I seen a video that said they need to be widened and while I haven’t measured to make sure, I’m pretty positive the rockers for my 81 truck are the same size as my 83 blazer so I don’t understand the modification needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pete08