Quad to Edelbrock carb swap, what do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garzas23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Since you bought the 1406 new, the throttle stud will be in the box! Put some pics after the install if you can!

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
FWIW, I am at 800 feet above sea level. Most of Arkansas is between 55 and 1200 feet above sea level, with an average of 650. Highest point is 2753 feet.

And you're right. It does matter, a lot. But probably not here.

Note also that the 1406 is Edelbrock's "economy" tune, so, while it is way rich in the power circuit, it comes out of the box somewhat leaner than optimum in the cruise circuit, and with late engagement of the power circuit, at least with something that pulls as much vacuum as our 350s typically do.

Last edited:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
none of them come with the "right" throttle stud those are round ball type ones that come with them. I've bought several new in the past, all of which were 600cfm man choke, not sure what number those are.

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Alright guys, got the carb in today. Got all the misc things mentioned here, studs and springs and whatnot. Got a raised base air cleaner. Got the heat insulator gasket.

The only thing left is a throttle cable bracket. What would you guys suggest on that? I have a TH350 tranny so no TV cable. I see lots of choices but not sure which would be best for the 2701/1406 combo I'll be running. Also I figured it'd be a good time to replace the throttle return spring. Is there a specific size I need or will that depend on the bracket I go with? Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Be careful what you buy, because this is an instance that you will get what you pay for. There are a bunch of flimsy pieces of crap on the market. I bought a cheap "adjustable" one from summit the other day and the only way I could make it work was to take it completely apart and run it upside down.

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Do I even need one? Can I just swap the stock one over? I have no idea. I just want to make sure I get something that works and is dependable.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It depends on what you have. My Eddy one wouldn't work with my qjet, but some people don't have any problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD