pulling to the right!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perry C

Reaction score
First Name
perry
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
When ever I step on the brakes hard and sudden the truck darts to the right, if I press slowly it doesn"t seem to pull. I felt of the wheels after driving and there not hot like a caliper sticking. But I guess it could be any other ideas what it might be.
Thanks in advance.

philjafo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20 scottsdale
Engine Size
350/sm465/np205/d44/corp14
One of the brakes on the left is not grabbing as hard as the one on the right.

Mater08

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SWB
Engine Size
Not sure if you have found or fixed the problem yet, but figure that I would give some help regardless. Worn out brake hoses can cause pulling under hard braking. Over time the rubber in the hose breaks down (why alot of the time you see brake fluid in the master cylinder that looks black) and can begin to collapse/swell. When it gets to that point it allows unequal braking pressures side to side resulting in the vehicle pulling to the side with the better brake pressure.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Not sure if you have found or fixed the problem yet, but figure that I would give some help regardless. Worn out brake hoses can cause pulling under hard braking. Over time the rubber in the hose breaks down (why alot of the time you see brake fluid in the master cylinder that looks black) and can begin to collapse/swell. When it gets to that point it allows unequal braking pressures side to side resulting in the vehicle pulling to the side with the better brake pressure.

It's amazing how much crap can be inside of a brake system...I just bled my brakes after replacing the hoses up front, and I had all sorts of little floaties and crap in the old fluid. I bled it until I had nice clean fluid coming out.

mb84c10

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
your left front brake hose is ballooning inner layer is broken..

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
When you're done chasing brake hoses, and caliper function, take a look at the bushings at the fronts of the main leaf springs. When these go bad, the truck "falls" toward the bad side. Replacement bushings are available. There are rear bushings, and these should be inspected as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugRedC10