Problems with electric fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearded Cthuluhi

Reaction score
First Name
neil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Hello Everyone,

So I am fairly new with all this so please bear with me. I have a 79 Silverado that had an aftermarket electric fuel pump installed. After buying the truck it started to constantly overheat and the last time it did the fuel pump seemed to go out when trying to get it restarted. I replaced the pump but now it doesn't appear to be doing anything at all. I can hear a humming noise coming from the engine but nothing from the pump. My battery is low which will be my first test to see if that has anything to do with it, but is there anything else that I can check in the meantime? Thank everyone for their time.

Scottserado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hello Everyone,

So I am fairly new with all this so please bear with me. I have a 79 Silverado that had an aftermarket electric fuel pump installed. After buying the truck it started to constantly overheat and the last time it did the fuel pump seemed to go out when trying to get it restarted. I replaced the pump but now it doesn't appear to be doing anything at all. I can hear a humming noise coming from the engine but nothing from the pump. My battery is low which will be my first test to see if that has anything to do with it, but is there anything else that I can check in the meantime? Thank everyone for their time.
Check your fuel sock in your tank it may be clogged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbass91120