problem with replacement front wheel bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Has anyone encountered a issue replacing the front hub bearings? I bought replacements, packed them and tried to install one side and it seems like the hub and bearing cant be pushed on all the way. Anyone else run into this?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Didn't someone else run into this exact same problem not too long ago? Either that or it's glitch in the matrix.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Has anyone encountered a issue replacing the front hub bearings? I bought replacements, packed them and tried to install one side and it seems like the hub and bearing cant be pushed on all the way. Anyone else run into this?
Sometimes the seal can be real tight on the shaft(that’s what she said lol) and you have to give it a pretty good push and a little wiggling to get it on. Only other thing is make sure your other bearings and seals fit over the cone on the axle. If you’re daring you can start spinning the axle nut on to suck it on, after you’re sure that the bearings and seals are right.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Sometimes the seal can be real tight on the shaft(that’s what she said lol) and you have to give it a pretty good push and a little wiggling to get it on. Only other thing is make sure your other bearings and seals fit over the cone on the axle. If you’re daring you can start spinning the axle nut on to suck it on, after you’re sure that the bearings and seals are right.

I tried the bearing itself and it doesnt appear to slide on all the way and is a mfer to remove.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I know the d44's have 2 different sized spindles, and the knuckles will interchange with the 10 bolt stuff. Is there any possibility that someone was playing musical parts before you got it?

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I know the d44's have 2 different sized spindles, and the knuckles will interchange with the 10 bolt stuff. Is there any possibility that someone was playing musical parts before you got it?

anything is possible the axle was already removed from the truck when I picked it up. Any chance you know the bearings that I needed?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
anything is possible the axle was already removed from the truck when I picked it up. Any chance you know the bearings that I needed?
Unfortunately, I do not. If you can find a counter monkey at the parts store that still knows how to read a catalog, they may be able to look up I.D sizes between the two, and give you some idea if that is what you're dealing with.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
couldnt find a bearing by inside diameter that would work, tired of ******* with it going to find different spindles and get the damn axle done.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
couldnt find a bearing by inside diameter that would work, tired of ******* with it going to find different spindles and get the damn axle done.
Sometimes that's the hardest part, knowing what you're starting with to know what to ask for. If you can't figure out the first part, then you have no choice but to draw a line and start fresh.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
mic the bearing you took off and the new one, compare the numbers. does the spindle show signs of having a bearing spun? highdesertranger

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
mic the bearing you took off and the new one, compare the numbers. does the spindle show signs of having a bearing spun? highdesertranger
there were no grooves or ridges indicating wear and the old bearings slid off like there were no issues. The new bearings fit the other spindles I had without issue so i am swapping them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1