Power Door Locks Shorting Out On Unlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
This week Silvy's door locks from the 2nd row doors back to the barn doors power unlock stopped unlocking. Front 2 doors driver and passenger unlocks work fine.

All 5 locks pop closed just fine. But when you unlock just the front 2 doors unlock.

My life has been very hectic as of late. It took me a few days to realize that when I go to unlock on the drivers door switch the voltmeter shows a huge drop, confirming there is a definite short in the circuit on that action.

I will figure it out when I can find time to study the harness diagrams and investigate. Just thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone could get a jump start on it before I can.

I hope to try and get to investigating this tomorrow. Until I find the problem I am using the key for the other rear doors until I can nail it down.

Right off the bat I think of the drivers PL switch is taking a crap or the harness through the door hinge has an issue. Those seem to be the first things usually to be the weak link when time takes its toll.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruggedly