possible differential problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Been getting this 85 short bed roadworthy. Replaced the brakes all four corners and rubber hoses as well so I had the truck up in the air. I noticed that with the trans in park, the driveshaft will not turn but the rear wheels will. They are still connected...as in you turn one wheel and the other wheel goes the opposite.*

I'm pretty sure with the driveshaft stationary and traans in park, there should be no movement correct?*

Its just a half ton axle, judging by the build sheet is 2.73, and judging by the silver painted cover and loose bolts the cover has been removed. There is also one bolt removed.I wouldn't be surprised if the thing was empty.*

I drove the truck last week twice and it did fine...as far as drivetrain goes

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
I believe you have an open carrier in your diff. The tires will spin opposite of each other when off the ground, and tranny is in park. Drive shaft will also stay stationary.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I believe you have an open carrier in your diff. The tires will spin opposite of each other when off the ground, and tranny is in park. Drive shaft will also stay stationary.

You are right. I guess I was overthinking it. Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD