Posi differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dontorito82

Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey guys i just bought a 82 gmc with a 350 but the differential is not posi any swaps available to make it posi

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Lots of choices. How fat is your wallet?

jetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Torsen works well, if you have the budget.
Eaton G80 if you are a little short on cash and need a locker (but just don't get too rowdy with the G80).

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Like the others have said there are a lot of choices. I had the Lock Right, Auburn Gear Pro series limited slip, Detroit locker and the Eaton/Detroit Truetrac.

For offroading I like the detroit locker. But for something with excellent street manners, no noise, no special differential additives, and no clutch packs to wear out I'd go with the Truetrac. They recommend regular dyno gear oil though and not synthetic.

http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/Vehicle/Differentials/detroit-truetrac/index.htm

You must be registered for see images

throttle out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.3 LS
Like the others have said there are a lot of choices. I had the Lock Right, Auburn Gear Pro series limited slip, Detroit locker and the Eaton/Detroit Truetrac.

For offroading I like the detroit locker. But for something with excellent street manners, no noise, no special differential additives, and no clutch packs to wear out I'd go with the Truetrac. They recommend regular dyno gear oil though and not synthetic.

http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/Vehicle/Differentials/detroit-truetrac/index.htm

You must be registered for see images

X2 on this!
I've had two Truetrac's in the past years and it was by far my favorite street/daily driver LSD. These will take what you can dish out with ease, and besides nasty hole-shots and wet on ramp drifting, you will never know its back there!

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
X3

I spent a LOT of time researching, and chose the TrueTrac for my daily C10. I love it. And it's even reasonably predictable (albeit somewhat adventurous) on icy roads in a Canadian winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia