PNW Square Buddy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soundmound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Hello fellow square body bros and lady bros if you're out there. Coming at you from one of the many PNW tourists traps with a fresh from the desert '84 Scottsdale I rescued from Oregon. I am a property manager and am engaged to my gorgeous Canadian Ojibwa woman who lets me buy all the trucks I want square or otherwise. I must be dreaming or living someone else life - it's too good to be mine! I'm no stranger to the car scene though new to this forum. I have some street cred from other GM forums, I assume that's how that works, no? :Big Laugh: I was an ASE certified mechanic in my youth so like 20+ years ago and have since replaced a lot of that knowledge with other knowledge that I have now also replaced with new and different knowledge..... I went another path in life mostly because the Gen Pop suck and I made the mistake of going to college. Tales for another forum altogether! I was in the truckin'/mini-truckin' scene for awhile even helping host a rather large annual show in Florida. I then had a dalliance with imports for their zippy, high rpm traffic fun before just sticking to stock rides while I "figured my $h!^ out" as it were. I've had all manner of transport from civic EK hatchback, Isuzu & Toyota mini truck's, GM Full-size truck's and SUV's, Harley and Yamaha motorcycles, et al. I like things that run on dinosaur derivatives as I'm sure you do too.

Picked this gem up last year after getting all nostalgic for the '86 Silverado my dad let me drive to high school from time to time and getting an eyeful of Orange Slice and some of the Syndicate trucks. I'm dying for someone to reproduce that impact graphic just in case any of you know a guy. Did my research and settled on an 81-86 2wd short box. Boy did I had a hell of a time registering it due to shaky old lady signatures and an ornery clerk with an axe to grind lol. The frame on her is immaculate. I yoked the spare carrier off and while down there found the frame to be mostly shiny black front to back under the dust. There was even an original set of GM spare keys taped up under it on the trailer harness, amazing! The patina is barely getting started and it shines like near new. Mostly just light chips and stuff. So clean I had to have it even with the silly bed tie downs. I have just started the interior cleanout and rehab and am pleased to find very minimal rust contained to the passenger floorboard where a leaky heater core went untreated for a bit. Some POR15 should handle that nicely before it gets the sound deadener. There was a legit 20 #'s of dust, pollen, dirt and debris from 38 years of use. It took a steam cleaner to get some of it loose but it is now gutted and awaiting a slew of new LMC parts which will be offset by the $3.62 in change I found to be sure. I am looking to do a 3/5 static drop with 18's I think, but love a good 20" if I can keep enough rubber on them to not fear taco'ing the rims on these here mountain roads. Still figuring out what will work without needing to pull fender liners or swap to slosh tubs. I really want a stock rocket when I'm done. The dream driveline is a West Coast Engines 383 and a built 700R4, but we'll see if I make any profit off my '02 1500 4x4 flip before I think about that part of the rehab. Maybe this summer I will have the Rochester rebuilt or swap in a cheap aftermarket carb just to cruise until I can swing the 383. Definitely doing the fuel system this summer as well if I can find a few neighbor bros to help me with the bed. When I bought it I picked up the new saddle tanks and the entire soft parts selection, but ran out of summer before I could start the swap. The one tank that isn't leaking reeks of varnish so it's getting as much new kit as possible. But hey, the fuel selection system is still functional so a partial win is a win, right? It's really hard to find time to work on it but little by little I will chip away at it.

Yeah so that's a brief intro to me and muh square lol. Y'all feel free to chew the fat if so inclined and I look forward to coveting your squares as much as I love mine!

Attachments

• IMG_2018 (2).JPG
    IMG_2018 (2).JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1544.JPG
    IMG_1544.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1543.JPG
    IMG_1543.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Babs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet CUCV
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
nice looking truck !

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
:welcome:

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Welcome from the Motor City!
Great looking truck ! A set of OEM BedRails would look real good on it.
I restore and sell them.

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Hey Dave, sweet ride, fellow Washingtonian as well, Central Selah, Naches area, Welcome

Craig Nedrow

NADAR UNDER THE RADAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1973 (have two), 1985
Truck Model
K10, K20, C20
Engine Size
350, 454, 6.2 Detroit
Be cool if the NW Squares could get together....I have thought about this for a few years but time... Have a GREAT place to meet here, excellent 4X4, plenty of space Hummm

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Be cool if the NW Squares could get together....I have thought about this for a few years but time... Have a GREAT place to meet here, excellent 4X4, plenty of space Hummm
I would really like to do that, but I have such little free time it seems unlikely that I'd make it, but heck you never know!

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
That is a beautiful truck and I would drive it exactly as is, bed tiedowns and all. The wheels look awesome too. '84 is my favorite grille out of all the 81+ square headlight trucks. I also had an '87 GMC longbed in the same paint scheme and I love that color combo. It's your truck so feel free to do whatever your like, but don't mo|est her too much it'll break my heart lol. Seriously I think that truck is gorgeous as is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey