Plow Truck - Best 6" Lift for 77 k20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willyg1997

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Like to start out by saying, Great site - a lot of information.

I just picked up a 77 k20 (all Stock), original paint, completely Rust Free, blown 400 s/b. Build plans is to have an Old School Truck when completed with a 6" full spring lift, white 16x8 steel's with dog dish, and 35x10.5-16 Bogglers..

Anyway, my question is, what 6" full spring lift should I be looking for a plow truck, and occasional trips hauling the Bobcat. I have done a ton of research on "Best Lifts" price, quality, spring rates, warranties. But I am struggling between ride quality and the ability to be heavy enough to handle the plow and trailer. Narrowed down the lift selection to BDS, Skyjacker, and Tuff Country. With BDS being at the top of the list, due to the warranty. Side note, I will install the Carli long travel air bags to help out with the load on the rear springs for hauling the Bobcat.

Or is a 6" lift on a plow truck just a dumb idea. It's not the end of the world if I don't make this truck into a plow/hauling rig, I do have two other trucks that can do the job. And build it more for hunting/off-road. If that's the case BDS would probably be my choice.

Thanks
Bill

Last edited:

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
I had a 78 k20 i plowed with for years with a 4 inch lift and 33's , western plow , with skyjacker springs with no problems , cant say about the other springs , but a lot of people like bds.

How I set up mine is the plow set up for the truck , (ram and mount) I left stock for no lift , (so it would be high on the truck) , then I extended and beefed out the eyes on the blade frame work for the lift and tires , worked great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus