passenger rear window switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roy c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
roy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hello again my rear passenger electric window switch brings window down but not up i was wondering if the driver door master switch might be defective i changed the switch on the rear door and it had the same problem
when i jumped the green wire with the center thicker stud the window went back up any help would be appriciated thanks roy

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Here is the wiring diagram for a 4 door 1987 with power locks and windows:

You must be registered for see images attach

If you can raise the window with a jumper (which is basicallly acting as a switch) there must be something wrong within the switch. Since you have a new switch, it is fairly safe to assume that the switch itself is not the issue. I would look closely at the wiring as it connects to the harness plug.

Attachments

• 4 dr windows and locks.pdf
    98.1 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

roy c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
roy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
rear driver side window

I placed a test light on the center post of the window switch when i pressed the switch up and down i was getting juice. on the down side window moved down but on the up side didn't move you think it might be time for a new motor? I noticed when i pressed from the driver door nothing up or down, but when i tested with the light i was getting juice there to.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
There really isn't a center post - more like a line of 3 and a line of 2. They are connected as below:

You must be registered for see images attach

Jumpimg "A" to either "C" or "D" will power the motor up or down - I can't tell which way.

If you are having trouble getting power from the switch to the motor, check the leads that go to the motor. They frequently get cut on the sharp sheetmetal of the door..

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't think help like this can be found any other place :worthy:

defiftyae

Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Suburban
Engine Size
This is an excellent post with great info for my tailgate window that does not operate from the keyed switch. Thanks!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan87r10