Parts Indentification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turtle1173

Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey guys, I’m new here. My son and I have been restoring an ‘85 C10. The engine is running great (355). We’ve been doing body work and painting for the last couple months. Still working on that. However we are started to multi task a little more and are trying to get some of the electrical and vacuum lines for HVAC figured out.

My knowledge is limited but I need to learn. I had no vacuum ball in the engine bay and I’m just unsure what some of these things go to, as well as some of the connectors.

The “thing” against the firewall in the middle. Looks like a vacuum line hooks up to the right side. What is it and where do the lines come from to hook up to it. If you look down below it, you can see a severed vacuum line that then goes through the firewall.

You must be registered for see images attach

Comes in from around the fuse box. What is it and do I need it?

It’s just laying there

Same with these two.

I thought maybe this would be a connector to my passenger side gas tank, since it doesn’t seem to work but I can’t find the other end.

I appreciate the help!

Shane

turtle1173

Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I’m thinking this is something emissions related that has been done away with. Yes?

The part on the right, it looks like it might hook up to vacuum but the nose is busted off. Where does that line come from?

Thank you

Shane

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I think (l maybe wrong)what you're holding in your hand in the 3rd picture is your oil pressure sending unit wire. It's located on the back of your block right behind the intake.

Here's a picture of mine when I replaced my intake.

It just screws into the block and the wire runs to your oil pressure warning light in your gauge cluster. If you need a new one? They are about $10 at the parts store. I put a new one in mine because it's cheap and easy to replace.

I don't know what the rest of the stuff is. Lol sorry

turtle1173

Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks for the welcomes! The oil pressure gauge is about the only thing I have that actually works! Lol. It’s an aftermarket pressure gauge. I’ll have to check the warning light location.

Looks like there’s another sender unit wire on the front drivers side. What is that one?

Shane

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
It would appear that the truck originally came with 305 (LE9) engine - which in 1985 utilized an ESC (electronic spark control) system. It also appears that the ESC system was "decommissioned" when the original engine was replaced by the 350 ( a 355 is just a 350 that has been bored .0030" over). Several of the components and connectors that are shown above are ESC related and can be eliminated to clean up the engine compartment.

Image 1:

ESC Vacuum Switch
On LE9 engine equipped vehicles with automatic transmission a "tip in" vacuum switch is used. Its function is to provide a momentary contact closure (signal) to the ESC controller during a throttle "tip in" condition which then briefly retards spark timing to minimize knock. The switch contacts are normally open under steady engine vacuum conditions including no vacuum, and all brief increasing vacuum conditions. Basically the switch closes only during rapidly decreasing vacuum conditions such as that encountered on rapid throttle operation.

Image 2.

Looks like the control wiring connector to the cruise control servo (if it were there). As with the ESC system, if there is no CC still installed you can remove the wiring - as well as the hose it is taped to.

Image 3.

Tough to say. It could be the EGR bleed solenoid connector which is part of the TCC control circuit (see the next item). See if you can get a guess at the colors of the wires. Take a rag, soak it in gas, unwrap the tape a few inches and wipe the leads as clean as you can (where they were covered by the tape). YEL and LT BLU would be the right colors for the EGR bleed solenoid leads.

Image 4.

The two pin connector looks to be part of a cruise control system. The 4 pin is probably the connector to the transmission for the TCC (torque converter control) solenoid. Which has also apparently been eliminated or disabled (see notes on image 7).

Image 5.

If you had AC, the DK GRN lead in that connector would supply power to the AC compressor clutch - from the low side control switch. The LT GRN lead would supply power into the low side control switch.

Image 6.

Connector for the 4 leads coming from the ESC module into the distributor.

Image 7.

Low vacuum switch - used with the TCC control system.

Last edited:

turtle1173

Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Chengny, thanks a bunch!!

Shane

Latest posts